Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sign Language

A thing about me that I have never actually mentioned anywhere on the internet is that I am learning ASL(american sign language). Me and my best friend are actually learning together. There are deaf students at our school, so a lot of staff there know ASL.

Anyway, there was a bunch of contests at our school last month, with a bunch of different options students could choose for their parents to bid on. And one of them was lunch with an interpreter at school and a chance to interpret on the Morning News Show!

The Morning News Show is a little show our school does every morning. There are two anchors(6th grade announcers) and one of the interpreters. The anchors switch off every week. Every day they announce who they are, who the interpreter is, the date and time, their theme for the day, and then they say the Pledge of Allegience. After that there is a moment of silence, then birthdays and important announcements. Then the show ends.

Anyway, I bid for this and WON! I'm really excited because I get to interpret next Thursday! In exactly one week! And the awesome thing is...I'm interpreting the week my best friend is an anchor! We'll be on the show together! I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment